East Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire has something to offer everyone – a place where your family can go walking in the Wolds one weekend and be on the beach the next. A place that is UK City of Culture 2017 and where you can afford to choose between a beautiful beamed cottage or a large family home overlooking the Humber Estuary.
The Humber’s diverse and skilled workforce puts the power behind our Energy Estuary. The region continues to benefit from multimillion pound investments across its world-class educational and training facilities; further demonstrating our commitment to the long term development of our talent.
- Home to independent educational providers achieving top GCSE and A Level results – including pass rates of 100% and those with A* to A grades of +92%
- 93% of children here get in to their first choice primary school (2016-17 Government results)
Hull is UK City of Culture 2017; an award given every four years to a city that demonstrates the belief in the transformational power of culture as a tool for regeneration.
- Over 1500 events
- 1 million extra visitors expected
- £60m generated for the local economy
Live life to the full
The Humber estuary has created beautiful coastal paths that frame the countryside; rooting diverse communities within our thriving market towns, villages and city settings.
- Over £1.7billion committed to investments in new build and housing refurbishment projects in Hull and Lincolnshire
- Over £100m investment in School Building Programmes
Day trips on your doorstep
Visit somewhere truly spectacular with a fantastic selection of daytrips within easy reach of East Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire.
- Visit Leeds, Lincoln and York for a fix of retail therapy or to explore the museums, art galleries and National Parks.